| Life is measured by thought and action not by time. 衡量生命的尺度是思想和行为,而不是时间。 |
| Did you see the special last night? 昨晚你看特别节目了吗? |
| Shall we ask betty to join us? 我们应该叫贝蒂一起去吗? |
| I'll work for the next days. 我要工作天 从明天算起 |
| He hasn't answered my letter yet. 他还没有给我回信。 |
| There are mice in Mrs. Lee's kitchen! 李太太的厨房里有老鼠! |
| I felt no regret for it. 对这件事我不觉得后悔。 |
| What’s the date today? 今天几号? |
| 真正的慈善捐款不在乎捐款是否可以免税。 Real charity doesn't care if it's taxdeductible or not. |
| 要我帮忙吗? Can I help? |
| 你是做什么的?我是个农民。 What do you do? I'm a farmer. |
| 很好,谢谢,你呢? "Fine,thanks.And you?" |
| 我希望那儿天气够冷。 I hope the weather there is cold enough. |
| 不惜牺牲自由以图苟安的人,既不配享受自由,也不配获得自由。 They that can give up essential liberty to obtaina little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. |
| 自由就是这样的东西,不给予别人你自己也无法得到。 Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you give it to others. |
| 想怎么说就怎么说的人早晚会听到他不中意的话。 He who says what he likes, shall hear what he does not like. |
| 潮有涨落日,人有盛衰时。 Every flow has its ebb. |
| 只工作,不玩耍,聪明小伙也变傻。 All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. |
| frost n. 严寒,霜;v. 结霜;使(玻璃)具有光泽的表面;在(糕饼上)撒糖粒 |
| devour vt. 狼吞虎咽地吃;挥霍,耗尽 |
| slope n. 斜线,斜度;倾斜面,斜坡 |
| jeer v. 嘲笑;n. 讥笑的言语 |
| profile n. 侧面;轮廓 |
| trespass vt. 非法侵入;侵夺,侵占 |
| oblong n./a. 长方形(的) |
| canteen n. 食堂,小卖部,餐具箱,水壶 |